The new Pixel and Pixel XL are already here. The first bookings already are coming to the first buyers, which means that 7.1 Android Nougat also come to the market, but the Pixel will not be the only ones to enjoy this new version of Android.
The 5 Nexus, Nexus 6 p and Pixel C already have available to install the previous version of 7.1 Android Developer Preview, It is the first quarterly update of Android Nougat. The final version of Android 7.1 reach the Nexus before end of year.
With this new version, they arrive interesting news, as the new shortcuts from the icons of the applications or keyboards can now attach images or animated GIF.
What’s new in 7.1 Android Nougat
- Shortcuts: Now applications can display up to 5 shortcuts just to do a press long on its icon from the application launcher.
- Circular icons: Applications can add a circular icon to the Pixel and other launchers.
- Metadata in the animated backgrounds: Now animated wallpapers can be displayed in its preview data, such as a tag, the description and the author, as well as a new URL context and title to link to more information.
- Support images on keyboards: The keyboard can now add stickers, animated gifs and much more to any compatible application.
- Storage management: Applications can now show a new configuration screen to delete unused files and free up storage space on the device.
- Daydream VR: Full support for DayDream View of Google goggles.
- A/b system updates: Google and the manufacturers will launch an update of A system and an update B at the same time on different devices to see which of the two has better reception.
- Restart device: To hold down the off button will appear the option to restart.
Download 7.1 Android Developer Preview
If you have a Nexus 5 X, Nexus 6 p or C Pixel can already install the previous version of Android 7.1 on your device. The Nexus 6 it seems that having already 2 years will not receive new versions of Android.
To install 7.1 Android Developer Preview the easiest is via the Android Beta Program. So you only will have to register your compatible device from android.com/beta. Within minutes we will arrive the OTA from this new version.
7.1 Android SDK
If you are a developer or want to try Android 7.1 from an emulator, you can now download Android Studio 2.2.2 in order to enjoy the new Level 25 SDK API and Android 7.1 from your PC.