The 2nd hand craft market has had a bad rap because of the continuing economic crisis, making the average sales prices by as much as 40 percent. If you can afford it, now is the time to buy your dream boat. Especially if you are planning to enjoy a few years of this: by the time the boats can drag again and you might very well sell your boat. What should you look for when buying a used boat?
Most 2nd Hand boats to be selected by potential buyers on the Internet: there are several websites which aim to sell 2nd hand boats and one of the largest suppliers of 2nd Hand boats www.botenbank.nl
You can set your own search criteria on this site, such as: + cabin sailboat maximum length 9 m + not more expensive than?? 30,000 + depth no greater than 1 meter. Then comes a rolling list of boats that meet these criteria. It is best to choose three boats from this list, make arrangements with sellers and a suitable date for you to visit the selected boats.Apart from your own skills, do you good to have a checklist so that you are clear differences in the boats went out himself on a list.
This will take you to the dubbed the ice in price negotiations, because they have noted deficiencies or absence of important things, you can bargain. It prefers to visit the ships already on this page so that you can properly inspect the boat bottom. The disadvantage is that you cannot assess the condition of the engine.
- How is the underwater paint on it?
- There are parts of the underwater paint peeled off? If so, check out these cut pieces turned good: With a GRP hull is very important that there are no bubbles. This is called osmosis. You can check this by using a fingernail to press a vesicle, if you then smell an acid like air, it is osmosis. Buy a boat or not, because treatment osmosis is very costly. Blisters that emits no odor of acetic acid, can belvormingen in applying coating or bottom paint.
- With a steel hull: check the rust stains, you’ll see a rust stain, ask the seller if you can drive this place with a screwdriver, you will notice that you can peel off a layer of rust, with some difficulty, this will be a weak point of the hull has been or will be in the future. Buy a boat or not.
- In the ordinary course of rust, you will need to purchase the boat to treat areas with anti-corrosion Vermilion.
- Check the attachment of the keel to the bottom of the ship if the ship ran aground, the attachment of the keel had to endure suffering. Keel must stand up under the vessel and its attachment must not have too much tear: check the attachment with a screwdriver, because it can be eliminated.
- This is below the keel must be remedied, warped, buy the boat otherwise.
- Check the helm, move the rudder to the left and right and up: there is no game can be felt.
- Check the general condition of the hull, there are scratches, you should expect that from a 2nd hand boat, but it must be your own. Deep scratches must be processed, otherwise this weakness.
- If the hull is dull look this is usually overcome by the first hull to be cleaned with commanders, and then it was a stock that effect.
- Lime and brown spots above the water line is not a problem: these sites are easy to clean creations with lemon juice.
The cottage structure
- Check the anti-slip effect on deck.
- Make sure the supports, in particular, pole pots that are attached to the deck. It should not be too much slack.
- See the image construction: new construction after 1998 must also be provided with a CE certification. These are the letters A to D, with A cover catagory world trade and the letter D is designed for boats that can sail only in protected waters.
- With the boats that were built after 1998 must also be a Hull Identification Number mounted somewhere on the inside of the trunk, ask the owner to do so.
- Check the seals on windows cracks and play. Ask the owner or leaky window
- On sailboats: look for star formation, cracking visible in the chainplates on deck.
- Ask the owner or annual inspections have taken place. Ask for proof.
- Ask the owner for any revideringscykler and demand for proof.
- Open the engine compartment and look at the general condition of the engine compartment: If the room look untidy and dirty, the owner will not much looked back to the engine.
- If you are unsure about the condition of the engine, take in agreement with a test report from an expert.
- The agreement assumes that if it appears that the engine maintenance required, the costs are shared.Pay the last installment of the sale amount only when the engine is also in order.
- Check the oil level, it is pure black oil on the dipstick, the oil has not changed. Flip.
- Is there an anchor chain ++ is the anchor line on board? Ask the owner if he plans to buy another boat: this may be an indication that some equipment has already been brought by the owner for his next ship.
- Is there a life on board?
- Are there life jackets on board? If not, remember that you need to buy yet
- The distress signals at present?
- Is there an emergency management? Ask the owner for this. This is required.
- Is there a manual bilge pump on board? This is required.
- About compasses are present, comparing them with each other and see if there are air bubbles. If this is the case, you must change the compass.
- Are there fire extinguishers on board? At least two extinguishers of 2 kg.
In the presence of a gas installation
- Is gas cylinder placed in a bun and copper pipes? Only the direction of the cylinder the first shot can be a snake and the leadership of the consumer unit to the gas valve can be a slang.
- Is bun fitted with a valve which opens 5 centimeters above the water line on the outside?
- Is there a thermal protection for consumer devices? Ask the owner for this.
- The bulkhead penetrations correctly: the bulkhead penetrations should be designed so that the gas cannot move freely, but is locked.
- Is there for every consumer device locking gas crane?
How the mast look like? Is this right? Make sure the mast step for cracks.
Check the rig on meat hooks. If so, do you realize that they must be renewed.
Check the condition of the sails. Ask the owner for this. The owner has sails home, specify that you want to see the sails before the sale and make sure the sails for cracks. See if the sails sailed out, then they are weak, less rigid and will need to replace them eventually.
These are the main things you will need to complete a minimum. That is not to say that if there are a lot of things that are wrong, you can not continue to buy a boat, but use the deficits in the negotiations, indicate that you want to fix the missing things, and it costs money. Make an estimate of that amount and negotiate it in sales.
If you want to use my skills, you can make this known by e-mail: email@example.com
Car stock photos free, boat buying checklist, wooden boat …
Savvy’s boat inspection checklist
Best 25+ Boarding School Dorm ideas on Pinterest
Maintaining Your Diesel Engine
What Boat is Right for Me
59 Things You Must Do At Home Before The Baby Arrives …
Restoring the Shine to Fiberglass – BoatTech
Free Printable Bill of Sale Templates Form (GENERIC)
looking for new to us boat Page: 1
Mystic Yacht for Sale Freeport Shipbuilding …
somerset house boats new and used boats for sale on …
All About Houseboats
Park model campers offer a great way to retire
Driving to new adventures
Highliner With Built In Speakers
Old Cars Have Their Perks, Too!
RC Boat WarShip Remote Control Military Naval Vessel …
List of Synonyms and Antonyms of the Word: Catalina 30 Cabin