The work that Microsoft has done with Windows 10 Mobile is, in general reviews, unique.With few resources any smartphone can manage with much more powerful machines.
But like any smartphone, it depends on the battery to keep it running and the longer it lasts the better for the user.Today we bring a set of tips that can use to increase the battery life of any smartphone with Windows 10 Mobile.
As with most other mobile operating systems, Windows 10 Mobile has some native functionality that can be disabled or reconfigured to consume less battery power.
This does not represent a loss of capacity of the operating system, but turns off small details that for the most part can be dispensed with.
Automatic management of Windows 10 Mobile
Accprding to computergees, Windows 10 Mobile natively has an option to manage battery power consumption, minimizing battery life and ensuring a longer battery life.It can be activated at any time, but ideally it should be used when the battery charge is lower.
Access Settings , then System . Finally choose Battery and see your configuration. Here they define the charge from which this Battery Saver mode is activated.
When this value is reached the saving mode is activated and the battery can last much longer in this time when all the load is required.
Turn off what you do not need to use
Of course there are other options to take into account.They can start by disabling applications and other features they do not use or do not need.See below for the steps you can take.
- Optimize applications in the background . Get the most out of your phone’s battery life by choosing which apps can run in the background. At Home , make a gesture to scroll to the All apps list, and then select Settings > System > Battery > Battery usage per application . You will be presented with a list of applications and the relative amount of battery each one is consuming – this can help you choose which applications to allow (the applications most important to you) and which applications should not allow ( The applications you use the least). Select an application from the list, and then select Always allowed in the background , Managed by Windows , or Never allowed in the background .(Note that some applications can not be changed.)
- Turn off location . At Home, make a gesture to scroll to the All apps list, select Settings > Privacy > Location , and then deactivate Location Service .
- Turn off Bluetooth . At Home , make a gesture to scroll to the All apps list, select Settings > Devices > Bluetooth , and then turn Bluetooth off.
- Turn off NFC technology . At Home , make a gesture to scroll to the All Apps list, select Settings > Devices > NFC , and then deactivate Play to share.
Adjust the screen and view
The display and the time the smartphone goes on is also one of the largest sources of battery consumption.In this field, small changes can also be made that reduce consumption.
- Reduce screen brightness . At Home , make a gesture to scroll to the All Apps list, and then select Settings > System > Display . Turn off Change the brightness automatically according to light , and then use the slider to set the desired brightness level.
- Use a dark background . At Home , make a gesture to scroll to the All Apps list, select Settings > Personalization > Colors , and then select Dark .
- Set a shorter duration for your screen to time out . At Home , make a gesture to scroll to the All apps list, and then select Settings > Personalization > Lock screen . Under Screen timeout , check the box to change the duration of the screen timeout.
- Turn off the screen during calls . If you are using a speakerphone or a Bluetooth enabled device, press the Power button to turn off the screen.
- Turn off the display after taking a picture . Press the Back button to exit the camera viewfinder or press the Power button to put the phone to sleep.
- Set a shorter time-out duration for the Refresh screen or turn it off . At Home , make a gesture to scroll to the All Apps list, select Settings > Extras > At -a-Glance , and then select the check box to change the duration of the timeout, or select Off .(Supported devices only)
Less frequent sync
The constant access to the Internet and the services we have available is also responsible for the increase in battery consumption.The simple reduction of the periodicity with which we access can lower consumption.Here’s how to decrease these hits and thus increase battery life.
- Synchronize your email less often . At Home , make a gesture to scroll to the All Apps list, and then select Settings > Accounts > Email Accounts and Applications . Select the account you want to change, and then select Manage > Change mailbox synchronization settings . Under Download new email , choose a longer interval.
- Synchronize your contacts and calendars less often . At Home , make a gesture to scroll to the All Apps list, and then select Settings > Accounts > Email Accounts and Applications . Select the account you want to change, and then select Manage > Change mailbox synchronization settings .Under Synchronize contacts and calendars, choose a longer interval.
- Synchronize only the emails, calendars, and contacts you want . You do not have to sync your email, calendars, or contacts if you do not want to. At Home , make a gesture to scroll to the All Apps list, and then select Settings > Accounts > Email Accounts and Applications . Select the account you want to change, and then select Manage > Change mailbox synchronization settings . Under Sync Options , select E-mail , Calendar, or Contacts to turn them off.
- Limit the items you post to Home . It’s great to have your favorite items posted at Home so you can use them quickly. But do not forget that the more dynamic tiles you have at Home, the more battery you use.
- Upload only the images you want to keep . This saves energy and saves time later when you want to sort images on OneDrive. To turn off automatic uploads, go to Settings > Devices > Default Camera > Manage OneDrive Upload Settings , and then turn off the camera upload setting.
Other optimizations to take into account
Finally, outside of the normal settings, there are some small optimizations that can also be used.They are simple, obvious, but we do not always remember them.
- Keep the phone switched on until fully charged . To check the battery level of your phone, go to Settings > System > Battery.
- Restart your phone .In this way, you can correct some problems that can reduce battery life.
- Turn on airplane mode if you do not need the Internet, the mobile network service, or other wireless communications . At the start , make a gesture to scroll to the All apps list, select Settings > Network and wireless access > Airplane mode, and then turn on airplane mode.
As you can see, there is plenty of room here to improve the use of the Windows 10 Mobile battery.These are small changes that have a small impact on the operating system and that guarantee a substantial improvement in the autonomy of this excellent operating system.
Most can be used not only in Windows 10 Mobile but also in Windows Phone 8.1, with minor adaptations of the locations of the options.
Then adjust your smartphone with Windows 10 Mobile with the options we have presented and see the battery life of your smartphone grow.
Cortana on Windows 10 will affect battery life
The top 10 ways to increase battery life under Windows 10 …
Battery Saver Pro + for Windows 10 PC free download …
Panasonic Toughpad FZ-F1 is a New Windows 10 IoT Mobile …
How to Speed Up a Slow Windows 7, 8 or 10 Computer
The Quickest Ways to Turn Your Screen Off in Windows
MobileWorxs Handheld Mobile Computers Increase Efficiency
Top 10 Android battery-sucking vampire apps — get your …
500+ Trippy Wallpapers, Psychedelic Background HD …
Best Tablet PC, Smartphone & Notebook with Longest Battery …
Eee PC 1025CE | Laptops
Lenovo Flex 2 15 Dual Mode Laptop Computer With 15.6 Touch …
Dell XPS 10 Tablet Keyboard/Mobile Dock with Integrated …
How To Replace A Battery In A Hp Laptop How To Build A …
Steve Jobs to announce iCloud in San Francisco
Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 Laptop, Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E520 …
Genuine Dell XPS 10 Mobile Keyboard Dock with Battery …
How To: Increase Battery Life on your Windows Mobile …
How’s Your Battery Life On Windows 10 Mobile
Windows 10 Mobile (Lumia) Battery Life tips, prolong & improve