The resolution of image in IP camera is the quality gets image. A higher resolution regardless of viewing angle, implies a higher quality or in other words a more detailed image.
I.e. we can get a picture with an angle of 118 °, but if we only need to see from a mobile phone we won’t need as much definition as if we wish to record on a computer.
Cameras with HD quality advantages
- We can view the image in greater detail
- Although they are usually more expensive, we can consider to buy a HD camera if the price difference is low, since in an HD camera we can always reduce the resolution to adapt them to our needs
- We recommend to record and view in detail later in detail
Disadvantages HD cameras
- Increased consumption of bandwidth on the local network.
- If we only want to display on a mobile device is not appreciated difference between quality VGA/HD
- Greater consumption of data access via 3G / 4G
Example of IP camera images
In these pictures we can see the difference in the same camera changing resolution:
- VGA 640 × 480
- H.264 1280x720p
- H-264 1980x1080p (bitrate 4M and 2M)
We look like as we reduce the resolution to enlarge a specific area of the image appears more pixelated
How to modify resolution IP camera
Access from mobile we do it normally with the secondary stream. In this case have made you a quality 640 × 480 as we can be seen:
In summary to choose IP camera we have to take into account:
- Where to install the camera and that surface we want to record:
- If we only see from mobile phones or recording on a computer
A concept related to the resolution of the camera is the angle. In this document I leave you more information about the different angular have
Configure number of images per second
It is possible to adjust the number of images per second (FPS).
This value is approximate, for example if we indicate a number of images per second in very high, and the network does not have enough bandwidth you will notice at some point all images are unseen. Since the network has no possibility to show all the images we have indicated.
Setting frame rate
The value of rate frames is the number of images per second is “try to” show.
A higher value will display more fluid images but a greater use of bandwidth.
Key frame interval
The value of the interval is the time between two images. A lower value means a greater softness or number of images per second.
The camera takes first rate frames before the value of interval table settings
Differences between H264 and MJPEG
H264 and MJPEG are different formats of compression in video format.
- MJPEG (Motion JPEG) is a video codec designed for video viewing in digital cameras, portable… Where is each frame compressed separately as an image in JPEG format.
- H264. It is a more advanced system designed to improve the quality of compression on the MJPEG codec without losing quality.
Having said that we will consider that the cameras with H264 video compression will create a higher compression than in MJPEG format videos.
The use of bandwidth on our local network will be greater in cameras than MJPEG compression h.264.
That bandwidth use IP cameras
The use of the bandwidth varies according to several factors:
- Compression video: H264 or MJPEG. As you read above compressed H264 cameras have lower bandwidth usage than the MJPEG
- Frames per second. Configure as many images per second the image is displayed more fluid but will be greater use of bandwidth.
- Bitrate and resolution. A higher resolution and quality for bitrate will make use of a greater bandwidth.
With this information you should try to adjust quality, frames per second to get the quality you need.
In some cases will be more interesting to show images smoothly than a higher quality image. While in other cases it can be interesting to have higher definition image at the expense of the less fluid images.
More information about IP cameras
If you need help to choose the angle best fits your installation, do not hesitate to leave us a message from this blog or ip camera web where in addition to find the lowest price on the market can find documentation in Spanish will help you with the configuration of your IP camera
Speco Technologies D1BD Single-Channel IP Encoder D1BD B&H …
Speco Technologies OID4 Intensifier Indoor/Outdoor HD OID4 B&H
Hikivision CCTV Security Camera Sri Lanka
Smallest Wireless IP Camera MD81s P2 (end 1/13/2020 3:31 AM)
How to Reset Your NVR or DVR / CCTV Camera World, Experts …
Axis Communications AXIS Q6034-E PTZ Dome Network Camera
Nokia 230 Dual Sim Grey 6438158753129 CSMOBILES
MOBOTIX M25 6MP Day Outdoor Allround Camera (No Lens)
Polycom VVX 601 Business Media Phone (2200-48600-025)
IPTV Streamer, Encoder, Recorder & Player :: IRENIS HDE
X96 Mini TV Box
Sawyer Smart Collaborative Robot | UK Cobots
Free Fire Icon Png 168293
Bouton caméra espion miniature HD CAMERA
Camera espion invisible
TruVision 1.3MPx Covert IP Camera
4MP IP Cameras vs 2MP IP Cameras
360° Panoramic Camera Wifi Security Surveillance Camera VR …