Anxiety is a normal aspect of the emotional state of human beings , in which there is a high degree of activity of the peripheral system.
This emotional state is largely related to the sense of survival, such as fear, anger, sadness and happiness. Anxiety can become a panic disorder that generates the feeling that it will die, fainting and even persecution in the person.
The word anxiety comes from the Latin anxietas that translates into a state of anguish or affliction that a person can suffer without needing any reason to really have a worry or stress that leads to the loss of control or feeling of having no solution to the problem presented .
Experts explain that anxiety disorder is widespread, it is a state in which a person’s mood is restless, it is a feeling that generates fear, restlessness and worry.
Anxiety is a more common psychiatric disorder than is believed, it is related to the environmental stress that people suffer in the common day to day, according to statistics this disease affects women more than men.
The anxiety is given by the fear that exists in the human being to the future and, what it can hold, the fear and rejection of the changes by the human being makes it possible to produce a panic attack in relation to the future events that may occur.
Living depending on the future can cause serious problems of generalized anxiety disorder, so specialists treat this problem trying to make a recode of the person’s thoughts, so that he thinks more about the present and not the future, so Do not generate anxiety and stress problems, which keep you living in the present and day to day.
The World Health Organization (WHO) believes that prolonged and untreated anxiety can cause a panic attack as well as generate an obsessive compulsive disorder and phobias in the person who suffers it, which doctors usually treat with anxiolytics or psychological therapies.
Anxiety is not always a pathological problem, as we have already stated, anxiety is a necessary feeling in people such as happiness, fear or sadness, since at some times in life it is necessary to feel a little anxiety about events relevant or important, such as the anxiety that a player feels before an important football game, or anxiety because everything goes well in the organization of an event, which in these cases keeps the person attentive and prepared for possible events , totally different from what happened in generalized anxiety disorder or in panic disorder.
The most used and recommended treatment for anxiety is to live the present, diminish the importance of the future, so as not to depend on the events that may occur and, on the contrary, concentrate on the present, on the day to day, keep busy, doing tasks that generate the sensation that time passes faster and thus not thinking about future problems that may arise, to which many people advise that people should be occupied at the time of the arrival of some situation or problem and not worry before they happen.
There are symptoms of various types when we are in the presence of anxiety management problems, among these we can highlight the following:
- Psychological: feeling of threat and danger, overwhelm, restlessness, insecurity in oneself and with others, fear of losing control, misgivings and increased suspicion and uncertainty.
- Physical: Sweating, nausea, vomiting, shortness of breath, tremor, tension, muscle stiffness and more severe such as insomnia, eating disorders and sexual dysfunction.
- Cognitive or Intellectual: excessive worry, negative expectations, feelings of confusion, difficulty in attention, concentration and memory, abuse of prevention and suspicion as well as susceptible.
- Social: Irritability, difficulty in having conversations with people, blockages, excessive fear of facing possible conflicts.
- Behavior: Rigidity, difficulty acting, impulsiveness, alertness and hypervigilance, clumsy movements of hands and arms, change of voice, tension in the jaws, doubts or twitching.